Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bar Stools Reupholstered

We were given these bar stools by my aunt and uncle. They were still in very good condition, but the cushions had some stains and they weren't the cutest color. So I decided to reupholster them!
It was my first reupholstering I have done. It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be
Here are the bar stools before:
Photobucket
All I did was cover right over the original fabric, but before I did that I put 2 extra layers of batting for some extra cushion. 
I found the cutest fabric at Joans. You should only need 3/4 - 1 yard of fabric, depending on how big the bar stools are.
  
All you have to do is first cover the seat with the batting pull it nice and tight then staple it to the bottom of the seat. Then do the same with the fabric, pull it nice and tight and then staple it to the bottom of the seat. It is was super easy and can be done in a half hour. 
They turned out so great. I love them.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment