Friday, September 30, 2011

Halloween Wreath Tutorial

I love Halloween!! Now being married I love decorating for Halloween!! This is s super cute, cheap and easy project.

Things Needed. . .
  1. Wreath, any size you want. {I used a wicker 8 inch wreath at the dollar store}
  2. Black scrap fabric
  3. Old Book {$2 D.I. find}
  4. Old Frame {$5 D.I. find}
  5. White scrap fabrick
  6. Black Bird {Dollar Store}
  7. Hot glue gun
1. Cover the wreath nice and tight with black fabric


2. Draw a swirl on pages and then cut. {I cut about 5 pages at a time}
3.Roll and hot glue little by little, 
4. Then place book rosettes strategical on the fabric cover wreath
{I used different sizes to give it a little variety}

Once you have all of the book rosettes placed, 
5. Center the black bird on the wreath
6. Now paint your frame black
{I only added one coat because I wanted it to still have a rustic old look}

7. For the fabric to hang the wreath I just ripped about 4" X 24" piece of fabric
{I ripped it for a more shappy old look}
8. Then I made up some tea and let the white fabric soak for about 45 min
Once frame and fabric are dry then
9. Hang the wreath from the frame
10. When the wreath was finally hung, I distressed the fabric a little more with these ink pads
And . . . you have an amazing Halloween Wreath
{Happy Halloween Crafting}

1 comment:

  1. This is a darling idea, thanks for sharing! I just added your new blog to my google reader, so I won't miss anything! :)

    ReplyDelete